Kararent.com Privacy Statement
This site (The "Site") is operated by Kararent.com , a division of IntraClick, LLC. The following Privacy Statement (the "Statement") describes Kararent.com's collection, use and disclosure of information practices in connection with the Site. This Statement applies to the Canadian version of the Site, located at www.kararent.com, as well as to any other versions or pages of the Site that Kararent.com operates, including versions or pages that Kararent.com co-brands. Please be aware that Kararent.com may share any information you submit through this Site with Affiliates/Partners, as described below. During your visit to any Affiliate/Partner site, the Affiliate/Partner may independently collect other information from you. .
The policy that follows is applicable to kararent.com's information collection, use and disclosure practices. If you need information on the policy applicable to the affiliate/partner's information collection, use and disclosure practices, please review the privacy statement on the affiliate/partner's Web site (this may be the site from which you linked to get here). Also, please note that this Web site contains links to other Web sites. Kararent.com and its affiliates/partners are not responsible for the content or the privacy policies of any Web sites to which this site may link.
- Collection of Personal Information. Although you can visit parts of the site without being a registered user, certain activities (such as viewing property contact information and advertising a property) do require registration.
In most cases, the information we hold about you is collected on the Karerent.com website,
but we may also collect information from partners, and affiliate websites. Depending on the services used,
we may collect and store the following personal information:
- personal information such as name, email address, address and telephone number;
- renters move-in date ;
- financial information such as credit card or bank account numbers;
- Communications between Renters and Landlords using our kararent messaging tools.
- lease terms, lease parties and other transactional information; and
- additional information from third parties such as credit check.
- Passive Information Collection. The site also collects information through one of the following technical means
- Cookies: Cookies are small text files that are placed on your computer to identify your computer. Cookies allow kararent.com to recognize you when you visit the site, to personalize your web experience and provide you with the services you need.
- IP Address Logs: To locate visitor's computers on the internet.
- Web Beacons: Are electronic (empty) images embeded on the site to track usage.
- Information Use. Personally Identifiable Information. Personally identifiable information collected by Kararent.com through your use of the Site may be stored on servers or in a cookie on your computer and may be used by Kararent.com for any of the following purposes::
- To confirm or fulfill a request that you make (e.g., in order to send you apartment information you have requested, kararent.com may share your contact information with a participating kararent.com property owner and/or management company).
- To follow up on any request that you have previously made (e.g., Kararent.com may contact you to determine whether the property owner and/or management company responded to your original request).
- To communicate with you regarding the Kararent.com service (e.g., Kararent.com may send you emails or call you to confirm an apartment availability inquiry or to notify you that you have received a lead regarding an apartment you have advertised or to request that you participate in a survey).
- To send promotional materials, newsletters, or other content via email or otherwise, unless you have indicated that you do not wish to receive such materials.
- To permit third parties to whom Kararent.com may disclose personally identifiable information specifically for direct marketing purposes to send you promotional or informational messages, but only if you have first affirmatively agreed to receive such messages.
- To improve your user experience.
- To manage its relationships with Affiliates, customers, and other third parties to which Kararent.com may disclose personally identifiable information pursuant to this Statement (e.g., to provide reporting to Affiliates and customers, to provide customer support, and to resolve disputes).
- For Site administration, analysis, research, development, optimization and other internal purposes, including, without limitation, to compile Usage Data.
- Information Sharing. We don't share your personal information with affiliates and partners without your explicit consent. Kararent.com may share personally identifiable information that you provide with third parties in the following cases:
- Affiliates/Partners. Kararent.com may share your personally identifiable information with Affiliates on the condition that the Affiliates' disclosure and use of the information is consistent with this Statement.
- Service Providers. Kararent.com may work with third parties that provide services on its behalf. Examples include providers of analytical, development, promotional, research, credit card processing and other services. For example, Kararent.com may ask that a third party conduct an online survey or send newsletters on its behalf. Similarly, if you make a payment to Kararent.com by credit card, Kararent.com may share your personally identifiable information and credit card information with a third party in order to process credit card transactions, or such information may be collected directly by the credit card processing service provider on Kararent.com’s behalf. In such cases, Kararent.com requires that the third party maintain your personally identifiable information as confidential and use the information only to perform the services specified by Kararent.com.
- Email List Opt-Outs. In the event Kararent.com sends promotional emails to you on behalf of third-party advertisers and you inform Kararent.com you wish to opt out of future promotional emails from a particular third party, Kararent.com may share your email address with that third party so the third party may add you to its opt-out lists.
- Other. Kararent.com expressly reserves the right to release any personally identifiable information or other information you provide to third parties under the following circumstances: (a) when required by law or legal process, (b) to investigate and/or take action against illegal activity, suspected abuse, or unauthorized use of the Site and/or Kararent.com services, (c) to protect the property or safety of our users or others, (d) to enforce our Terms of Service and (e) in connection with any sale or other transfer of ownership of all or a part of Kararent.com or any of its businesses. If you make any personally identifiable information publicly available on the Site (e.g., by posting a listing which contains personally identifiable information), anyone may see and use such information and Kararent.com is not responsible for such use. Kararent.com reserves the right to share any personally identifiable information you post on the Site with third parties. To the extent Kararent.com does so, the subsequent use and disclosure of such information is subject to the privacy policies and practices of those third parties.
- Email A Friend. The Site offers you the ability to email certain pages or content of the Site to a friend or other third party. If you choose to use the “Email a Friend” functionality, your name, email address and any message you are allowed to include will be visible to the recipient of the email. kararent.com does not use the names and addresses stored through the "Email a Friend" functionality for any purpose other than sending a one-time email to your friend. The "Email a Friend" functionality is for informational purposes only and you may not use it for any unlawful purpose, including any harassment or threats.
- Account Protection. Your password is the key to your account. Use unique numbers, letters and special characters, and do not disclose your Rent.com password to anyone. If you do share your password or your personal information with others, remember that you are responsible for all actions taken in the name of your account. If you lose control of your password, you may lose substantial control over your personal information and may be subject to legally binding actions taken on your behalf. Therefore, if your password has been compromised for any reason, you should immediately notify Rent.com and change your password.
- Changes to this statement Notification of Changes: Any changes to this Statement will be posted on the Site in this location and this Statement will be identified as "Updated". Your continued use of the Site after such notice constitutes acceptance of such changes.
- Security Your personally identifiable information is one of our most valuable assets. We take steps to keep it physically secure in our data centers and it is accessible only to authorized personnel as needed to perform operations governed by this policy. In addition, when Kararent.com collects credit card information from you, Kararent.com uses Secure Socket Layer (SSL) encryption, the industry standard for protecting privacy in Web transactions. Please keep in mind that despite these measures, Kararent.com cannot guarantee or warrant 100% security of its servers and databases. Moreover, Kararent.com cannot guarantee that personally identifiable information that you submit through the Site will not be intercepted or otherwise disclosed.
Questions. Questions regarding this policy should be directed to the following address:
Kararent Privacy Officer
Last updated July 10, 2010